QSafe update guide.
We can update you to the latest version - or transfer to a new PC - here is how.
- Select Backup and Save.
- Save to a convenient place, ideally a Dropbox folder (Google Drive, One Drive, or similar) or just to your desktop. This is just in case you make a mistake.
- OR you can find the data file and copy it. Search for a .zdx file. Most likely C: > Program files (86x) > QSafe > qsafe.zdx
We are now going to place a copy of the backup file in a place common to all computers.
- Save / Copy the backup file (usually called QSafe Copy.zdx) to the Windows OS (C:) directory.(together with Program files, Users, Windows, etc.)
- If your computer does not allow you to do this because of "Permissions" - save it to the 'Public' folder, and then drag it into the C:
- RENAME the file to backup.zdx
DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION HERE: WWW.SAFETY-FILE.CO.ZA/DOWNLOAD/
The QSafe update can be done as often as you like. You might need to request an updated software key.
Open your new version
- Download and open the new version. DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE DONE A BACKUP - YOU WILL LOSE YOUR DATA
- Start the setup process - choose Q-Safe or Q-Safe PRO.
- Enter your company trading name in the blocks provided. One letter per block. Use UNDERSCORE to create a space.
- Select the option "update Q-Safe to a new version" (top right side of the screen). Choose the option of version you are importing.
- Select "Proceed". The QSafe update will carry on automatically
- If you get the message "No fields are defined in the data source" - select OK
- Enter your license key when asked to do so, of go to the COMPANY DATA section and add the key there.
- CALL US IF YOU NEED HELP! Help is free.